Application for REAL 688A - NOAA Teacher at Sea (1/19/2021 - 5/7/2021)
By choosing to proceed with this application, you acknowledge you are requesting to be enrolled in the course selected (EEND, REAL, RECT, or REND) as a special student. Once accepted into the course, you agree to adhere to university policies for graduate students as outlined in the University Catalog. Additionally, you acknowledge that
- Courses taken while enrolled as a special student are not eligible for federal financial aid or scholarships
- Tuition for special students will be billed at the current rate as noted at Tuition Rate for Courses Offered through REAL (unless otherwise noted)
- Failure to access the online course environment or participate within the first 72 hours of the class start (without communication to the instructor) may result in being automatically dropped from the course
- Drop requests for modular courses must be completed and submitted to REAL by 4:00 p.m. within the first week of class (5 business days) to receive a full refund of any tuition paid for the course. Drops for accelerated and site-based courses must be dropped on or before the first day of class. Please Note Courses offered via TIDE/DuPage ROE cohorts are subject to TIDE's drop policy.
- Individuals enrolling in programs or taking courses to pursue licensure/certification, endorsements, or employment based upon specific credentials should refer to the respective state's board of education requirements prior to enrollment. Current and future Illinois educators can visit isbe.net. A listing of all other State Departments of Education can be found on the U.S. Department of Education website
REAL 688A - NOAA Teacher at Sea
gives teachers a clearer insight into our ocean planet, a greater understanding of maritime work and studies, and to increase their level of environmental literacy by fostering an interdisciplinary research experience. In studying the ocean and atmosphere, teachers will realize the enormous influence each has on their lives and the world; in participating I maritime activities, teachers will appreciate the work and skill that is needed to support oceanic and atmospheric research. With this knowledge, teacher will engage student and excite their curiosity about NOAA science. NOAA’s Teacher at Sea Program is dedicated to fostering an interdisciplinary educational experience that provides a unique environment for learning and teaching.